I am already getting excited about next year! Well... an excitement for the summer mostly. However, my favorite part of each new school year is the decorating process. To make life easier on myself in September, I like to have everything ready to go by the end of the prior school year. This means buying new bins, laminating, and cutting all done and ready to go. My September-self thanks me when it means all the die-cuts and pieces of a bulletin board are prepped and ready to go. I stopped by the Dollar Tree the other day to start stocking up. Spending $49 at the Dollar Store is always a strange feeling... but also AWESOME when I think that I just received 49 bins :-)
The Dollar Tree has the BEST colors, shapes, and sizes for bins this time of year. I think teachers aren't really looking for next year, so the store has a nice assortment in stock (at least at the one near me!). The selection is always rough in September after everything is picked over, and the fun colors are always sold out.
I wanted a new color scheme for my bins and baskets this year, as well as organizational flow. My room has always been a jungle theme, but after three years in the same room with the same look, I need a fresh start. I made the switch to tables instead of desks last week, and I LOVE it, but figuring out the organization of it is a bit of a headache. Thankfully my kiddos this year are enthralled to be my guinea pigs and give me tips on what they like/allow me to see what doesn't work so well.
Here are my current ideas for what I want to do with these specific baskets.
1. Supply caddies- These will go near the sink in my room for each table (Table #1-6). They will contain scissors in the small section, gluesticks in the medium size section, and three clear, plastic Solo cups in the big section for crayons, colored pencils, and markers.
2. Green dish pan- This is my new Inbox. I currently have a pale blue Inbox and Outbox.... I recently realized how pointless it is to have two of them. I am consolidating to a new color and more space :-)
3. Big white baskets- This is where the students' interactive notebooks for social studies and their writer's notebook will go.
4. Big blue baskets- This is where the students' interactive notebooks for math and science will go.
5. Green and blue smaller baskets- Just updating some of the broken book boxes I currently have. These boxes go QUICK in the summer, so I grabbed as many as I could get my little paws on.
And finally... my labels I am still creating! SO EXCITED FOR THESE!!!!! I uploaded the schedule cards to TPT if you want to check them out, and I also finished the labels and jobs cards. Yay!